- Three Rooms 01.
- The Last Valley 02.
- Imagined Spaces 03.
- Suburban Memory 04.
- House 05.
- Shifting Measures 06.
- Hallway 07.
Polly Stanton’s practice utilizes photography and the temporal mediums of video and sound to investigate cinemas power to shape and reflect human experiences of place and environment. Stanton’s work employs duration, cinematic codes, and landscape to consider the intersection between the spaces of film and the spaces of geography.
In addition to her art practice she has worked professionally in the film and television industries in post production sound and screenwriting. Based in Melbourne, she holds a Masters in Fine Art from RMIT and teaches video and sound at Swinburne University. She is currently a practice-based PhD candidate at RMIT University.
- One Hour Glass — Five Walls Gallery, Melbourne
- Stórhrid — Conduit Arts, Melbourne
- The Spacious Present — Art, Not Apart Festival, Canberra
- Moving Pictures, Expanding Space — Careof, Italy
- Master Class — Bogong Centre for Sound Culture, Victoria
- Melbourne Now — National Gallery of Victoria
- Darkness On The Edge Of Town — Perth Centre For Photography
- One After Another — Kings ARI, Victoria
- Noise Event — Royal Botanic Gardens, Victoria
- And When He Falls — Castlemaine Arts Festival, Victoria
- Future Visions — Festival d'Australie, France
- Hallway — Blue Oyster Project Space, NZ
- Imagined Spaces — Bristol Biennial, UK
- NES Residency — Skagaströnd, Iceland